A day in Kreuzberg

The majority of last week I spent in Berlin on business. During that time I was fortunate enough to find some free time to make it on over to the Keirin Cycle Culture Café in the Kreuzberg area of Berlin. 

The shop is an interesting mix of bike shop, cafe and art gallery all in one.  Specializing in new and used track frames as well as vintage road bikes, there is plenty of eye candy here. With a friendly staff and cool location, I highly recommend this shop if you happen to be in the Berlin area.  A special thanks to Gary the owner for letting me take pictures. I will definitely be stopping by here on my next visit to Berlin!

























FES Bahnrad






Victory track bike






Colnago track bike













array of vintage parts






Vintage parts from Japan






Benotto track bike





Koichi Nakano poster












Workshop area



























Lüders road bike





After the shop visit I walked over to check out a section of the Berlin wall located in Friedrichshain. 



 a walk along Mühlenstraße






a reminder of home















another stop for some Kindl




While walking around looking for a place to eat I happened along this cool vintage Kotter and its very nice owner. Kotter bikes were named after the "Kotter Racing Team" which was sponsored by former opera singer turned entrepreneur Konrad Kotter. The owner told me the bike was from a shop called Velothek Berlin which specializes in vintage bikes. Looks like I have another place to visit on my next trip to Berlin. Thanks again to Naama!














































Comments

Popular Posts